courtesy of lovegrowswild.com
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen - thawed) pineapple chunks
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ? to ¼ cup superfine sugar (*see Notes)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) good-quality tequila (preferably silver)
- 1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) orange liqueur (such as triple sec or Cointreau)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse/sparkling sugar
- Lime wedges & pineapple chunks for garnish, if desired
- Using a blender or food processor, blend pineapple chunks into a smooth purée. Pour purée into a shaker or pitcher along with lime juice, orange juice, sugar, tequila, and orange liqueur. Add about a cup of ice and shake or stir vigorously for 1 minute until mixture is well chilled.
- Squeeze a little lime juice on one plate and sprinkle salt and coarse sugar on another plate in an even layer. Prepare two glasses by dipping the rim of each glass into the juice and then into the salt/sugar mixture until well-coated. Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita mixture into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and pineapple chunks, if desired.